There are lot of queries on modus operandi in relation to compassionate appointments in banks after the relative message of its reintroduction with effect from 5th August’2014 was published in this blog –the relative links being:
The queries so raised mainly relate to the following categories:
- The spouse or the dependent of the deceased employee getting no relief at all.
- The spouse or the dependent getting family pension but no ex-gratia or some other relief.
- No compassionate appointment yet offered to the spouse or the dependent with some who –
- (1) Received the ex-gratia
- (2) Received neither ex-gratia nor an appointment on compassionate grounds
- Many a cases are turned down on the basis that they are time barred.
It is advisable to the concerned spouse or the dependent to make out a detailed case for themselves submitting it to the Bank through the branch where the deceased employee served the last. Such representations may keep the relative cases live till such time the issues are finally settled. The relative channels are exerting their best to secure necessary relief to those whose eligibility for compassionate appointment relate to pre 5/8/2014. As it may not be possible to release an exclusive post for every development, the readers, spouse and dependent in particular, are advised to remain in touch with the comments on the above links and also NewsPage of this blog the relative link of which is given below: